8.16.2010

change

i am change resistant,
and that is why things were very hard for me this past week.
i was informed that i would be transferred to a new area.
that got me confused. 
and then i remembered that i passed a request for transfer to the OR (operating room) during the start of this year - on a whim.
on a freaking whim.
so really, it's all my fault.
i was supposed to start my OR duty today but the hospital had other plans.
census of admitted patients is really high, 
so they decided that they would open 9B and have a mismatched set of nurses run the area.
i start work in a new environment tomorrow.
oh what terror...

i wanted to cry during the last few hours of duty this morning because i wouldn't have my 5c family with me from now on.
i am change resistant,
and i know i shouldn't be.
i know this is an opportunity that a lot of people are willing to take on.
but for the moment, i refuse to belive in it.


to my 5c family,
i will miss you.
workdays will never be the same again...



No comments:

Post a Comment